Recycling prevents the emission of many greenhouse gases and water pollutants, saves energy, supplies valuable raw materials to industry, creates jobs, stimulates the development of greener technologies, conserves resources for our children’s future, and reduces the need for new landfills and combustors.*
- Since 2000, GreenFiber has diverted nearly 3 million tons of recycled paper from landfills, saving approximately 8 million cubic yards of space.
- One ton of recycled paper can provide enough GreenFiber fiber insulation to insulate the attic of a typical 2,500-square-foot house.
- One ton of recycled paper saves 17 trees.**
- One ton of recycled paper saves 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space.***
- One ton of recycled paper saves 4,000 kW of energy.***
- Currently, paper and paperboard products are recycled at a rate of 50%.*
- Paper and paperboard products contribute the largest overall percentage (34.2%) to total Municipal Solid Waste generation.*