Weatherization Assistance Program
“The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) enables low-income families to permanently reduce their energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Funds are used to improve the energy performance of dwellings of needy families using the most advanced technologies and testing protocols available in the housing industry. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) provides funding to states, U.S. overseas territories, and Indian tribal governments, which manage the day-to-day details of the program. These governments, in turn, fund a network of local community action agencies, nonprofit organizations, and local governments that provide these weatherization services in every state, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, and among Native American tribes.”
Department of Energy, Weatherization Assistance Program
With the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, we understand the demand placed on your side on your state’s Weatherization Assistance Program. GreenFiber is prepared to reinforce and build our relationships to satisfy your program’s needs. As stated by the federal government in the Solid Waste Disposal Act, agencies are required to procure environmentally-preferable products. GreenFiber consists of 85% recycled paper fibers, a higher recycled content than other types of insulation can offer. GreenFiber currently has seven (7) active manufacturing facilities nationwide (Click here to view facilities) with an additional three (3) facilities that are ready for production, when demand is present. Unlike many other insulation products, our manufacturing facilities operate using an energy-on-demand process, minimizing embodied energy.
GreenFiber has created its specially formulated Retrofit Insulation to help convert poorly insulated homes into energy-efficient homes. Utilizing the latest technology for cellulose raw materials, the patent pending premium grade insulation is made for application in walls, but can also be used in attics.
- Click here to view GreenFiber’s INS770LD, Premium All Borate Retrofit Wall Insulation
- Are you prepared for the future?
Click here to learn more about Home Performance Training
- Each state has a number of local agencies facilitating the Weatherization Assistance Program.
Click here to know about these local agencies
- Click here to learn about the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE). DSIRE includes information about state, local, utility and federal incentives and policies that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- GreenFiber also actively participates in any state and local bids regarding Weatherization work.
Please contact our customer service line to reach the representative covering your area 800.228.0024