Step Two - Gather Materials
The items listed below may be found around your house or can be purchased at your retailer. Transporting GreenFiber Insulation typically requires only a pickup truck.Before you leave the store, test the machine for operation and make sure you have 100 feet - two (2) 50 foot sections - of blowing hose, this is required to meet desired R-value.
Gather Installation Materials
- The proper number of bags of GreenFiber Insulation for the desired R-value.
- A blowing machine and hose. Place outside your home or in garage.
- A heavy-duty 12-gauge extension cord.
- A tarp to be placed under the blowing machine to catch excess material.
- A ladder to gain access to the attic if needed.
- Safety eyewear and N95 NIOSH-approved particulate masks such as a 3M model #8210 or #8511 or equivalent for protection against nuisance dust..
- Adequate lighting in the attic for installation.
- A ruler or other measuring device to monitor the depth of insulation.
- Soffit vent chutes (if needed).
- Metal barrier material for three- inch clearance around recessed lights and other heat sources. Do not use paper, cardboard or other potentially combustible materials as a barrier.
- A vehicle to transport the blowing machine, GreenFiber Insulation and other materials.
These common items may be found around your house or can be purchased at your retailer.
Transporting GreenFiber Insulation typically requires only a pickup truck.